|Applications are invited from citizens of Sri Lanka who are physically sound and of excellent moral character for the post of Assistant Librarian on the Staff of the Secretary-General of Parliament.
Applications prepared in accordance with the specimen given below should be sent under registered cover along with the copies of the certificates of educational/professional qualifications and experience to reach the "Secretary General of Parliament, Parliament of Sri Lanka, Sri Jayewardenepura, Kotte"on or before 09.07.2012 indicating the post applied for, on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
1. Salary Scale
Rs. 274,620 – 3 x 4,380 /13 x 6,000 – 365,760/- per annum). (On this scale, the minimum monthly remuneration, with all allowances, will be approximately Rs. 49,298/-)
An Assistant Librarian on successful completion of ten years’ satisfactory service, will be eligible for promotion to a Post of Senior Assistant Librarian and placed on the salary scale of Rs. 306,180 – 5×7,740 / 8 x 9,480 – 420,720/- (On this scale the minimum monthly remuneration with allowances will be approximately Rs. 52,925/-)
Not less than 21 and not more than 45 years of age as at 09.07.2012 (The upper age limit will not apply to those who have already been confirmed in a permanent post in Parliamentary Service, Public Service and Provincial Public Service).
3. Educational and Professional Qualifications
(i) Degree from a recognized university and Final Examination in Library Science, Documentation and Information Science of the Sri Lanka Library Association or the Professional Advanced Certificate in Library and Documentation Services of the University of Kelaniya or equivalent qualification.
(ii) Degree in Library Science from a recognized University,
(iii) Completion of a course on Library Automation or Information Technology from a recognized institution.
(iv) An excellent command in Sinhala/Tamil and English.
Should have 5 years experience in a recognized Library.
|Other Information:||5. Method of Recruitment
Through a written test and an interview.
6. Terms and Conditions of Service
(i) These posts are permanent and pensionable. Appointment will be made subject to three-year probation period. If a person who has been confirmed in Public / Provincial Public Service is selected, he / she will be appointed subject to an acting period of one year.
(ii) Selected candidates will be subject to Financial and Departmental regulations applicable to the staff of the Secretary General of Parliament.
(iii) Selected candidates should contribute to Widows’ and Orphans’/Widowers’ and Orphans’ Pension Fund from his / her salary with a percentage specified by the government. Selected candidates will be subject to a medical examination.
(iv) A Security Clearance Report with respect to the selected candidate will be obtained prior to his / her appointment.
7. Applicants should attach the copies of the following certificates (not originals) to their applications. Originals of the certificates should be produced, only when called upon to do so.
a) Birth Certificate.
8. Applicants serving in Public Service / Provincial Public Service / State Corporations / Statutory Boards should send their applications through relevant Heads of Departments / Institutions.
9. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
10. Applications received after the closing date or sent without copies of the above mentioned certificates or not sent through Heads of Departments / Institutions will be rejected. Applications sent through Heads of Departments /Institutions but received after the closing date, and applications not prepared in accordance with the specimen form will also be rejected.
11. Any information in the application found to be incorrect will render the applicant liable for disqualification, if the inaccuracy is discovered before selection, and to dismissal, if discovered after appointment.
Secretary-General of Parliament
Parliament of Sri Lanka.
June 07, 2012
Latest posts by Sailanmuslim (see all)
- Madrassas in India attract Hindu students - December 9, 2013
- Knowledge is wealth IN GOOD FAITH – Amal Al-Sibai Saudi Gazette - December 4, 2013
- Lighting the Lantern – Mufthi Ismail Menk – Sri Lanka - December 4, 2013
- Plants in the Qur’an: Date Palm by Najma Mohamed - November 26, 2013